What’s the big deal with the Cloud
Why are so many businesses planning for a Cloud migration? In recent years, the number of Cloud deployments have increased dramatically. Here are five Cloud computing stats that every CIO should know for making cloud migration easier.
- It is predicted that the global market for cloud equipment will reach $79.1 billion by 2018
- Throughout the next five years, a 44% annual growth in workloads for the public cloud versus an 8.9% growth for “on-premise” computing workloads is expected
- 80% of cloud adopters saw improvements within 6 months of moving to the cloud
- 82% of companies reportedly saved money by moving to the cloud
- If given the choice of only being able to move one application to the cloud, 25% of respondents would choose storage
Many organizations are finding major benefits of moving their data and applications to the Cloud rather than hosting them on-premise. The most popular reasons being: to extend existing apps, utilize Desktop as a Service (DaaS), strengthen Disaster Recovery, deploy automatic software updates, and increase flexibility.
Here are five steps to guide you through your next Cloud migration:
1. Basic Assessment
Identify which applications, workloads, services, and operations need to be migrated to the Cloud and determine what needs to be done to make them Cloud-friendly.
2. Compliance is Key
Be mindful of the latest regulatory compliance regulations and make sure you consider how to keep your infrastructure compliant in a Cloud context.
3. Address Security
Assess the current state of your IT security – everything from data encryption and patch management to mobile security and secure web browsing.
4. Seek an Expert
Those with little Cloud experience should partner with a solutions provider with expertise in navigating various Cloud options and guiding organizations through a successful Cloud migration.
5. Provide Training
Proper training can make or break a Cloud migration. Keep your employees informed and aware of how the software operates and how they can properly use it.
Here at Kinetic, we provide the best cloud computing services to make your work life easier and stress-free. For more information, please contact us for a free consultation!